Friday, July 15, 2011

Hello...my name is...Nunuza :)

This was the first thing I said to Sarah, the angelheaded hipster, when what I actually meant to say was Hi I'm Carlette and my blogs name is nunuza...

I attended my first ever blog meet up at Wolves Cafe on Wed eve this week. I found out about it from a friend of mine and was so game. Until I realised that I did not know or follow the blogs of the people who organised the event. Sherdamn that's when panic set in. What would I say/Would I talk to anyone/Do I take my camera with me/I'm not a serious blogger I just write about stuff so what if this event is meant for serious bloggers only....those were my thoughts! But all of that disappeared when I arrived and was told "here's a free glass of wine". Immediately I thought ahhh  I like these people! :) Wrote my name down on a list and started to mingle...

It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it was freaking fabulous!!!! I loved speaking to new people, I loved listening to their different stories about blogging, life, things, and now I'm going to love reading and following their blogs.

What's even better was that...I won a prize!!!BOOYAH!!! I didn't even hear my number being called and the girl next to me said hey that's you...number 29!! (I still have the label that had my number on it - nerd I know ;)) I was so freaking excited hahaha I'm still happy that I won a *canderel hamper*! I don't generally so canderel, but now I will!! I loved taking my box home and unpacking it..and taking pics of it! :) :) :)

Photo 'borrowed' from http://littleandbunny.blogspot.com/2011/07/when-bloggers-get-together.html#comment-form

I loved how friendly and real everyone was!

Thank you to everyone who I spoke to. Welcome to the new followers. Thank you to the organisers (oo this is a great acceptance speech hehe) you guys did such a freaking fantastic job!! Really and thank you to the sponsors...

and lastly ..thank you to my dear friend Amy who let me know about this event!! Uya-rocka sisi!

Okay really ...last thank you...thank you to myself for mustering up the courage to attend the event.

Natasha, who was one of the organisers, placed a list of all the bloggers who attended the event on her blog. Click here to see that list..Enjoy the read :)

OH:  for some pics of the event visit:
http://littleandbunny.blogspot.com/2011/07/when-bloggers-get-together.html#comment-form
http://just-let-em-eat-cake.tumblr.com/
http://www.jeanetteverster.com/blog/




Photo "borrowed" from http://just-let-em-eat-cake.tumblr.com/

PS: Thank you ladies for letting me "borrow" these pics :)


4 comments:

Christi Lynn said...

i just started to follow your blog..really cute :)

Fiona said...

It was an awesome evening meeting new people!!! Well done on your prize, I won a hamper of popcorn...yum yum :)

Kirsty Wilde said...

i loooove your blog..... thank you for your lovely comment, it was so great to meet you, even if it was briefly! keep the food coming, i live for it!! :) x

Anonymous said...

hey lady! was super meeting u the other night...cant wait to see what u make next :)