Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Chocolate Caramel Slice of Heaven

I’m  currently in the middle of writing my 2nd Semester exams and trying to organise 5 events at work while still dealing with my marketing plan for 2011 - PHEW. Needless to say things are rather hectic on my side...;) ;)

Last Friday while on study leave I decided that I needed a  break...and my idea of relaxing, is to make something. So instead of baking a cake -which I know myself and T would not finish- I opted to try out a recipe for Chocolate Caramel Slice. I tasted these pieces of “take one bite and add 5kgs to your waistline” @ work and boy was I impressed. I swore that when I made it at home, I would only have one slice...sherdam that never happened. These slices are SOOO good that you will be forced to share!

I resorted to calling friends and family and offering them caramel slices because I found myself opening my fridge every 2nd hour to “check on them”...while reading about the economic strategies of our time, all I saw in my head, were the “take one bite and add 5kgs to your waistline” pieces of sweet sticky yummy goodness.

 



Chocolate Caramel Recipe
250ml (1cup)self raising flour
125ml (1/2 cup) caramel brown sugar – I used white and turned out fine
250ml (1cup) dessicated coconut
125g (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, melted
1 can (380g) NESTLE Caramel Treat
150g Dark Chocolate
50g (2Tbl)butter or margarine
1.       Preheat oven to 180 °C
2.       Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well
3.       Press evenly into a greased 18cm x 28cm lamington pan – I used a brownie tin
4.       Bake for 15mins, then allow too cool
5.       Spread Caramel Treat over the base – go wild and add the whole tin
6.       Combine dark chocolate and butter over double boiler on low heat
7.       When chocolate mixture is melted and at a smooth consistency, spread over caramel base
8.       Refrigerate until set
9.       Cut into squares before serving



~Don’t you want to swim in that chocolate~

As hard as it might be to not let it set, trust me that it will be worth your while to have it set properly before eating. It took about an 1 ½ to set in the fridge..gave me time to study ;)



~So I tried to take a pic of TWO pieces of choc caramel slices but I struggled to contain myself and kept biting into the one piece~


If I had kids and I was throwing a party for them I would definitely make these again! Hell I’m going to make them again just for the sake of making them ;)- I will invite friends over again and we shall accompany the goodness with some Patron (a friend who came by on Fri night to collect some slices suggested we have it with a shot of Patron and I couldn’t say no – trust me...they work well together!!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow this looks super yummy - must try this xxxx

NuNuZa said...

You definitely should - they are uber amazing!! and so easy to make! :)